Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Tax free threshold

I'm new

Views 49

Replies 1

Hi there was just wondering how do I find out without going to my existing employer to see if I claimed the tax free threshold with them as I am starting another job so will end up with 2 jobs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jo14,

No stress! You can check by using your myGov account connected to online services.

First, you'll need to link your myGov to your ATO online services. Then, once you're on ATO online services, select Employment > Employment details. Then select the down chevron/arrow next to your employer you want to check.

On the left side, you'll see a section titled Tax. Under that, it will say Tax-free threshold and will either say not claiming in orange, or claiming in green.

You can read about how to link your myGov account and claiming the tax-free threshold on our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jo14,

No stress! You can check by using your myGov account connected to online services.

First, you'll need to link your myGov to your ATO online services. Then, once you're on ATO online services, select Employment > Employment details. Then select the down chevron/arrow next to your employer you want to check.

On the left side, you'll see a section titled Tax. Under that, it will say Tax-free threshold and will either say not claiming in orange, or claiming in green.

You can read about how to link your myGov account and claiming the tax-free threshold on our website.