ATO Community

Tax with 2 jobs

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 141

Replies 2

Hi,

I was wondering how tax works if I am "employed" by 2 companies, but don't get shifts from one of the jobs (therefore don't get paid). Will I get taxed as if i have 2 jobs or just 1 (if that makes sense).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @geodolphin

Welcome to our community!

@macfanboyis correct. When you lodge your income tax return, all income you have earned in that year is added together. Then we will calculate the amount of tax to be paid on the total income. Whatever tax your employers have withheld from your wage will count towards this overall tax obligation.

If you would like more information these are our Individual income tax rates.

Hope this helps!

SusanC

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Week to week you get taxed based on and the total number of hours you have worked.

For the full income year, you will be taxed on the Total amount of income that you received from ALL sources including investments, Centrelink taxable payments, interest and any other source of income.

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @geodolphin

Welcome to our community!

@macfanboyis correct. When you lodge your income tax return, all income you have earned in that year is added together. Then we will calculate the amount of tax to be paid on the total income. Whatever tax your employers have withheld from your wage will count towards this overall tax obligation.

If you would like more information these are our Individual income tax rates.

Hope this helps!

SusanC

Top Solution Authors