Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

Re: How to account Annual Interest statement in Managed Investment, Allianz Retire Plus

Enthusiast

Views 113

Replies 2

Received the first Anniversary statement for the above 7yr product. Chose the Reinvestment Option. Currently SMSF in Accumulation Phase. Wondering how to account for it & report on SAR when it is due. Summary of the report: 

Interest credited/debited: +$2,426.02

Total Withdrawal: Nil

Annual Fee: -$1472.46

Tax on Fees: - $143.03

Change in Balance (viz. net income reinvested): +$810.53

Do I need to record the Gross Income, fees and Tax deducted OR do I simply add the $810.53 to Non-Assessable Income and add that to the cost base of my investment. 

Also, what happens when the fund or a member goes into Retirement phase (this can happen before the maturity of this 7yr investment). How do I claim credit for tax paid?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

Do I need to record the Gross Income, fees and Tax deducted OR do I simply add the $810.53 to Non-Assessable Income and add that to the cost base of my investment. 

Check the tax disclosure in the product's PDS. 

It appears to be an investment in a complying super fund.  If this is the case, then:

1.  all tax is paid withing the investment

2.  The movement in capital value is shown in the SMSF accounts as unrealised movement

3.  no taxable gain when product is redeemed.

Also, what happens when the fund or a member goes into Retirement phase (this can happen before the maturity of this 7yr investment). How do I claim credit for tax paid?

Once again, check the PDS.  

It appears that if ALLIANZ is notified that the owner is a SMSF in pension phase then the product income will have a 0% tax rate.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 1

Check the tax disclosure in the product's PDS. 

It appears to be an investment in a complying super fund.  If this is the case, then:

1.  all tax is paid withing the investment

2.  The movement in capital value is shown in the SMSF accounts as unrealised movement

3.  no taxable gain when product is redeemed.

Once again, check the PDS.  

It appears that if ALLIANZ is notified that the owner is a SMSF in pension phase then the product income will have a 0% tax rate.

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Thanks Bruce. I have read the PDS. That is a very concise and complete answer. Highly appreciated. Smiley Happy