Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Pre 99 unit trust - loans

Initiate

Views 82

Replies 1

The SMSF owns units in the pre 99 unit trust. The trust sold recently all assets and the only assets it has, are loans to the related parties (7 millions) and only libilities are the loans from related parties (3 millions), the loans are increasing and some decreasing. The loan agreements have been provided and the interest is calculated.

Is this allowed to have the pre 99 unit trust, just with the related party (lets say they arm's lengh) loans?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I think those grandfathered loans had a 10 year maximum period (but really not sure because it's a fairly obscure rule).

I'd suggest you chat to your accountant to know for sure, because there are other conditions that apply to those loans.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I think those grandfathered loans had a 10 year maximum period (but really not sure because it's a fairly obscure rule).

I'd suggest you chat to your accountant to know for sure, because there are other conditions that apply to those loans.