Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Notiflying ATO

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 263

Replies 1

Hi,

I am working in a company which the busissnes owner is not an Australian Citizen and couldn't speak English.
I found it difficult to use MyGovID  or my phone to report in the single touch payroll.
Is there any possible solution,eg Email, to notifly ATO?

It has be annoying me for few weeks and I wish to get it done asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KwanSHAM,

Sorry to hear that you've had that experience!

When you say that you are trying to notify the ATO, are you referring to notifying us of your hosted SBR service? If so, then this can be done over the phone if you are struggling with Access Manager. 

However, if you are talking about sending us pay event reports for STP, then this can only be completed through your STP enabled software suite. If your software requires you to have AUSkey or myGovID, then an associate of the business will need to set this up for themselves first before you can be given any access.

At this point in time, if the associate of the business is an overseas resident it is likely that they will not yet be able to set up myGovID and RAM, but they may still be able to set up an AUSkey. Alternatively, you can also have a registered tax professional or payroll provider report STP pay events on your behalf. 

I hope this helps, 

Rachael B. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KwanSHAM,

Sorry to hear that you've had that experience!

When you say that you are trying to notify the ATO, are you referring to notifying us of your hosted SBR service? If so, then this can be done over the phone if you are struggling with Access Manager. 

However, if you are talking about sending us pay event reports for STP, then this can only be completed through your STP enabled software suite. If your software requires you to have AUSkey or myGovID, then an associate of the business will need to set this up for themselves first before you can be given any access.

At this point in time, if the associate of the business is an overseas resident it is likely that they will not yet be able to set up myGovID and RAM, but they may still be able to set up an AUSkey. Alternatively, you can also have a registered tax professional or payroll provider report STP pay events on your behalf. 

I hope this helps, 

Rachael B.