Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Changing Personal Details on Business Portal

Views 153

Replies 2

Hello ATO Community, 

I apologise if this isn't the correct group to ask this question, but this seemed the most logical.

I want to update my Spouse Details on the "Client Details" page on the Business Portal.  There is no option for me to update those details.

A point to note is that the spouse details is my ex-husband of 11 years and my new husband is connected to me in all of my other ATO details, so it seems quite strange.

I called the Tax Office to ask them and they couldn't assist me and suggested I join this group and ask here.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MeganFNorth,

The spouse details displayed through the business portal cannot be updated. These are old, historic details pulled from a legacy system, much like trading names.

With the rollout of Online services for businesses, these details should no longer be displayed.

We understand that seeing out of date details like this can cause confusion, and even stress, but we hope knowing the cause and that the details should not be visible much longer helps.

You can read about Online services for businesses on our website.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @MeganFNorth,

The spouse details displayed through the business portal cannot be updated. These are old, historic details pulled from a legacy system, much like trading names.

With the rollout of Online services for businesses, these details should no longer be displayed.

We understand that seeing out of date details like this can cause confusion, and even stress, but we hope knowing the cause and that the details should not be visible much longer helps.

You can read about Online services for businesses on our website.

Replies 0

Fantastic, thank you so much for updating me.