Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Do I need to pay GST

Views 210

Replies 2

Hi, this is my first year with an ABN.  I'm not registered for GST as my income on my ABN is less than 75,000, but my Salary income will put me over. So do I now need to register for GST and charge going forward?  

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @wendym1328,

You are only required to register for GST when your gross Business Income (not the profit) is more the $75,000. Income earned through a TFN or other sources not related to your ABN are not included.

If you run a taxi travel business that runs, Taxi's, Limousines or ride share service, then you will need to register from the first dollar earned.

You can find more information under Register for GST.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @wendym1328,

You are only required to register for GST when your gross Business Income (not the profit) is more the $75,000. Income earned through a TFN or other sources not related to your ABN are not included.

If you run a taxi travel business that runs, Taxi's, Limousines or ride share service, then you will need to register from the first dollar earned.

You can find more information under Register for GST.

Replies 0

Thank you 😊