Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

How to close myGuv account ?

Superuser

Views 212

Replies 1

Hi Community

ATO has started sending all my communications to their myGuv thing.

I'm not interested to login to any unncessary websites, so I never get to see any tax notices.

Taxes now unpaid and overdue, which is undesirable.

What phone number should I call to instruct ATO to close my myGuv subscription, and send all letters, tax notices, whatever, to my postal address.

Paper still works best for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @alfrednewman,

We actually don't have the ability to close your mygov account on our side; you'll need to do that online. You can do this by signing into your account and then going to account settings. Once in there, there's an option for permanently deleting your account.

As for your notices you receive, you can give our individuals area a call and advise them to update your correspondence preference to paper going forward. Their number can be found on our contact us page under the individuals enquiries section. It's important to understand that if you lodge anything online such as a tax return then this preference will be reverted back to online.

Hope this helps, sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any further questions.  

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @alfrednewman,

We actually don't have the ability to close your mygov account on our side; you'll need to do that online. You can do this by signing into your account and then going to account settings. Once in there, there's an option for permanently deleting your account.

As for your notices you receive, you can give our individuals area a call and advise them to update your correspondence preference to paper going forward. Their number can be found on our contact us page under the individuals enquiries section. It's important to understand that if you lodge anything online such as a tax return then this preference will be reverted back to online.

Hope this helps, sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any further questions.