Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

New Business

I'm new

Views 287

Replies 1

Hi 

My wife recenlty started a new business and is in the beauty industry and is forced to close. Due to restrictions

Is she intitled to anything ??

It is a proper regisistered business and was starting to go really well but is only 2 month old.

Would she be intitled to the $5000.00 busineses grant for being forced to shut.

I doubt it but worth a shot as it is her only job.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Clint,

It sounds like you are referring to a State Government grant. These are not administered by us so I wouldn't be able to answer your question, unfortunately.

I found something about a $5000 business grant on the Victorian Business Support website - hopefully this is what you were referring to, otherwise if you're not Victorian you may need to consult with your State Government about what they're offering.

I hope things get better for you two. All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Clint,

It sounds like you are referring to a State Government grant. These are not administered by us so I wouldn't be able to answer your question, unfortunately.

I found something about a $5000 business grant on the Victorian Business Support website - hopefully this is what you were referring to, otherwise if you're not Victorian you may need to consult with your State Government about what they're offering.

I hope things get better for you two. All the best.