Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Small business clearing house and STP reporting

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 388

Replies 2

I'm doing payroll for a micro business so trying to set up payroll and super payments.  I'm trying to get my head around this.  I have been using the Small Business Super Clearing house which has been great but now trying to get us compliant with STP reporting.  Does this mean if you are using SBSCH previously and now forced to move to a compliant software, you now can't use SBSCH?  I really do not want to put the company's bank account details on the software company's website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @JOngM4V 

I can't see how anything would change with SBSCH as it's independent of any other software.

The micro-employer software options don't require you to enter business banking details, simply the ability to file STP with each pay run.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Best answer

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @JOngM4V 

I can't see how anything would change with SBSCH as it's independent of any other software.

The micro-employer software options don't require you to enter business banking details, simply the ability to file STP with each pay run.

Highlighted

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JOngM4V,

Thanks for your question!

@ariellead is correct - SBSCH is a stand alone service, and does not have any relationship with Single Touch Payroll.

Whichever payroll solution you choose to use for STP reporting, your ability to access SBSCH will remain unchanged. You will continue reporting and paying SBSCH as often as you do currently, but there will be additional superannuation data that gets reported with each pay event under STP.

If you have not yet selected software for Single Touch Payroll, you can check out our list of no-cost and low cost solutions.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.