Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Cant link business in RAM

Replies 0

This still seems to be an issue a week later. Was trying to register for GST but ran into the same problem as OP.

Is there any update on this? Can't imagine it would be too difficult to fix.

Replies 0

Can you please provide an ETA on when this issue will be fixed.  

Can you send an alert when fixed?

Replies 0

I am currently on the phone with someone who is telling me I don't need to lodge a BAS statement at all (only GST or PAYG - which I don't need to) ....(he has no idea what he is talking about and is leading me around the ATO, myGovID and MyGov website). has now told me that we are supposed to call this number for help: 1300 287 539 but on monday, because its now the weekend. On monday this will now be overdue.

Can someone like actually help us with this, its getting rediculous. 

I feel like this is a joke. 

Community Moderator

Replies 24

@bec123 @Darls @michylove @michylove @BG49 @v1adrian 

Thankyou for your patience while we looked into this.

The Link your business function in RAM is currently unavailable due to system maintenance, this is preventing you from linking your business. Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted. Principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If your request to link your business is not urgent, we recommend waiting for the function to be back up again. Updates are provided in RAM’s system maintenance page and we will also update this thread.

For alternative BAS lodgment methods, check how to lodge your BAS.

Replies 22

@everyone I have finally got in touch with someone and all BAS will be pushed back a month til march while they fix it its now not due until March 28!!

Devotee

Replies 0

@bec123this makes sesne, I don't think they would penalise people for not lodging their BAS on time who are affected. Where did you get this advcie, was it through the call centre? 

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @bec123,

Whilst you have been granted an extension to lodge and pay your BAS, this is applicable to you based on your circumstances.

For alternative BAS lodgment methods, including seeking extensions visit how to lodge your BAS.

Replies 0

Hi @JoshH 

How does one go about getting hold of the activity statement document identification numbers without the physical letters?

I've called the ATO line twice. The first time after holding for 32 minutes I spoke to a guy who basically said "Umm yes, let me errr, give me a second" and then transferred me back to the end of the queue. The second time I wanted 42 minutes without an answer and had to pick up my son from daycare.

I'm overdue and the only way to solve my overdue status without having to rely on the incompetence or lack of service is via online, which... well.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 15

Hi @bec123, @Darls, @michylove, @BG49, @v1adrian, @Magnifii, and @Fluxpavillion,

Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is currently undergoing system maintenance, impacting the Link your business function. Thanks for your patience while this is happening!

Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted, and principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If your BAS is due soon and you’re unable to link your business in RAM:
- Contact your principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you
- If you’re a sole trader you can access ATO online via myGov.
- Find out alternative ways to lodge your BAS

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, please hold tight as it will be back up and running on 15 March. For urgent assistance to link your business, phone the number next to MyGovID on our contact us page (select option 3). You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will update you once the function is available again. 

Link:
Contact us

Initiate

Replies 0

Update on unplanned system maintenance

System maintenance on the Link my business function has been extended as we continue to make improvements. Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted. Principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, we recommend waiting until the function is back online.

For urgent assistance to link your business, phone 1300 287 539 and select option 3. You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check.

Thank you for your patience.

@JoshH Can you please advise if ATO staff have access to the Link my business function? When I called a couple orf weeks ago the system was down for them also.

Does anyone have an ETA on this?