Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

RAM outage for 5 months and counting

Views 314

Replies 6

This is UNACCEPTABLE, it has been nearly 5 months and now we are days away from EOFY where some businesses need to enrol on STP, pay super, lodge BAS. I will be contacting media outlets, ministers, ombudsman, people of influence. I understand this is only a forum and you may not exactly be the ATO, but kindly please pass this onto your superiors. I would appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 5

Hi @BlakeNewson90 

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing, and understand it must be very frustrating. If you're trying to link your business in RAM, we've changed the procedure to do this. You can find it under the heading how to link your business. We have a team that is dedicated to assist with this and can manually link your business for you.

We are also aware that some users have recently been experiencing intermittent issues with our online services. This is currently being investigated as a matter of priority.

Please let us know if you're having any other troubles with our systems.

6 REPLIES 6

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 5

Hi @BlakeNewson90 

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing, and understand it must be very frustrating. If you're trying to link your business in RAM, we've changed the procedure to do this. You can find it under the heading how to link your business. We have a team that is dedicated to assist with this and can manually link your business for you.

We are also aware that some users have recently been experiencing intermittent issues with our online services. This is currently being investigated as a matter of priority.

Please let us know if you're having any other troubles with our systems.

Replies 0

Okay i have seen you and many other ATO people respond that it is still under maintenance for almost 6 months now , is it coming up eventually or not can you please let the people know what you know. A lot of people here are feel like there being lead on what's acutally going on. I had seen also on post were you said it was coming back March 15th that was 3 months ago. Please let us know what is going on. Do they plan to bring it back yes or no thank you 

I'm new

Replies 1

First of all, why have you removed the online option? You do understand that people don't have time to waste on hold with the ATO, especially when they're trying to run a business, yes? This is a monumental waste of tax payers money and something that should be addressed immediately.

Secondly, why has this not been made clear on other channels? I have been trying to link my business for at least 8 weeks now and have been checking this forum regularly. When I try to link via Xero, the landing page still, as of right now, takes me to the RAM where it says that Link Your Business is currently down. If this is not actually even an option at the moment, why does it still show up on the website? And why is it not included in your current system outages list?

Frankly, this all seems to be far below the expected standards. Will I be receiving reimbusement for my time that has been wasted? Absolutely not. Am I still expected to pay tax to an organisation that has proven they are unable to deliver basic services that they demand we follow? Absolutely.

Replies 0

Ya i have no idea i have been searching for the answere to this questions for months now and they just keep saying its coming back up soon

I'm new

Replies 1

So I DID call the phone number, and after being on hold for 45 minutes, the code they gave me didn't work to link my business!  So not only is the RAM broken, but the hour total I wasted trying to link QB to the ATO was fruitless as well.  Don't tell people that you have a team that are awesome and dedicated and totally doing the thing if they not only aren't able to link my business, but aren't able to take the call in an acceptable amount of time!  My time is worth money. You've wasted my money. Yet you will insist I pay you what you decide I owe you!  Will you accept me paying you what *I* decide I owe you because my time is precious and you're wasting it? Of course not!

Get your systems up to a decent standard for crying out loud!

I'm new

Replies 0

You only allow calls during business hours M-F. This means you're guaranteeing it's my business's time you're wasting, and my business's money you're essentially stealing.