Announcements
Halloween costumes are spooky but your tax return doesn't have to be. Don't forget to lodge this weekend!

ATO Community

Re: How To Retrieve My Lost TFN?

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 160

Replies 1

Hello,

I received my tax file number back in 2015 and due to personal reasons, I haven't actually used it often and led to me losing the document with my original tfn. I can't access it on my myGov account because it was connected to an old mobile number and now I have a new one. I don't have any documents with my tfn so I was hoping to get some help/assistance. 

Sorry and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @sera,

Thanks for getting in touch and wanting to recover your TFN.

You will need to contact us to recover your TFN.

To gain access to this personal information you will need to establish your identity. So please make sure you have your Full Name - DOB and please make sure you have some form of identification information ready such as a drivers license - medicare card - passport  etc.

The ATO operative will be able to assist you with this enquiry if you have all the correct information with you during the call. You can also ask them to update some of your personal details such as: Mobile number to make it easier to gain access to your MyGov account in the future.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi @sera,

Thanks for getting in touch and wanting to recover your TFN.

You will need to contact us to recover your TFN.

To gain access to this personal information you will need to establish your identity. So please make sure you have your Full Name - DOB and please make sure you have some form of identification information ready such as a drivers license - medicare card - passport  etc.

The ATO operative will be able to assist you with this enquiry if you have all the correct information with you during the call. You can also ask them to update some of your personal details such as: Mobile number to make it easier to gain access to your MyGov account in the future.

Hope this helps!