Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Assigning a Machine Credential

Views 1696

Replies 4

As an authorised Machine Credential Administrator, how do I assign a machine credential to a particular user?  I can't see anywhere to do this in RAM or Access Manager.  We use Handitax and so will need to use a Machine Credential to be able to lodge etc. I assume each of our staff need a separate Machine Credential just like they each needed an AUSkey?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @thanson,

Thanks for your patience while we checked this for you.

Machine credentials represent the business only, and don’t contain any individual user claims. The custodian of the credential will typically be the machine credential administrator (MCA) who created it. The custodian is responsible for the appropriate use and safeguarding of the credential.

If you require the ability to record or track who is using a machine credential, the best option is to incorporate the name of the user into the credential name. Please be aware that this will not create an individual user claim, but will enable you to track who is using it (where a machine credential is only being used by a single user).

Typically, individual user authentication is handled within the software itself.

Thanks, NateH

4 REPLIES 4

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 3

Hi @thanson 

Once you have successfully installed a machine credential as the administrator, the Machine Credential page will display the details of the new mahcine credential that can be distributed to other devices via a USB.

If you have any trouble with this you may need to contact our RAM helpdesk.

Thanks, NateH

Replies 2

Hi Nate

I did work out how to "give" a machine credential to a user.  But is there no way to record/assign a machine credential to a particular User?  I thought this would be important to track which user is using a particular machine credential?

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @thanson,

Thanks for coming back to us, we are going to check into this for you.

KylieS

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @thanson,

Thanks for your patience while we checked this for you.

Machine credentials represent the business only, and don’t contain any individual user claims. The custodian of the credential will typically be the machine credential administrator (MCA) who created it. The custodian is responsible for the appropriate use and safeguarding of the credential.

If you require the ability to record or track who is using a machine credential, the best option is to incorporate the name of the user into the credential name. Please be aware that this will not create an individual user claim, but will enable you to track who is using it (where a machine credential is only being used by a single user).

Typically, individual user authentication is handled within the software itself.

Thanks, NateH