Our ATO Community is here to help make tax and super easier. Ask questions, share your knowledge and discuss your experiences with us and our Community.
• The ATO requirement for the Public Officer (in our case the CFO) to initiate the transition to MyGovID is challenging given we have to use the CFO’s phone to initiate etc (this could take a few hours)…….even though this is a one off event.
• This is being done during reporting season and going live end of March – between the preparation of results, presenting, the roadshow (onshore and offshore), a lot of corporates will struggle for timing.
• The initial transition to MyGovID removes the current administrator of AUSkeys from assisting with the deployment. Why can’t the current AUSkey be used for the transitioning process?
• Have the ATO spent any time at all to consider how they could make it easier for corporates to transition? Perhaps have some form of automation so that Auskeys transfer to MyGov once the CFO has access?
• If the MyGovID app does not meet the security requirements/policies of AGL there is no recourse action available.
• We think that maybe, we have a dedicated iPad that is linked to the CFO and is used for only MyGov activity. If and when the CFO changes, we would have to use that device?
• Do you know how other corporates dealt with the linkage between the Public Officer and MyGovID?
Unfortunately our website still indicates functionality for this is not expected before the end of the financial year 2020. See Can I change my email? We would ask firstly though if any of the following alternate options may assist:
Phone lodgement (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)
Paper lodgement (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)
A registered Australian tax agent
Cloud-based Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled software.
If not we would then ask you contact us (see Practice administration) to complete an email template escalation to our Digital Services who will contact you either via email or phone to the address provided within 7days. Please feel free to request a reference for the call.
Thank you again for your patience.