Announcements
There have been some changes to the JobKeeper employee eligibility rules starting from 3 August 2020. Visit our website for more information or ask a question.

ATO Community

MyGovID

Highlighted

Views 396

Replies 3

• The ATO requirement for the Public Officer (in our case the CFO) to initiate the transition to MyGovID is challenging given we have to use the CFO’s phone to initiate etc (this could take a few hours)…….even though this is a one off event.
• This is being done during reporting season and going live end of March – between the preparation of results, presenting, the roadshow (onshore and offshore), a lot of corporates will struggle for timing.
• The initial transition to MyGovID removes the current administrator of AUSkeys from assisting with the deployment. Why can’t the current AUSkey be used for the transitioning process?
• Have the ATO spent any time at all to consider how they could make it easier for corporates to transition? Perhaps have some form of automation so that Auskeys transfer to MyGov once the CFO has access?
• If the MyGovID app does not meet the security requirements/policies of AGL there is no recourse action available.
• We think that maybe, we have a dedicated iPad that is linked to the CFO and is used for only MyGov activity. If and when the CFO changes, we would have to use that device? 
• Do you know how other corporates dealt with the linkage between the Public Officer and MyGovID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

VIP

Replies 2

Suggest you get the CFO to authorise the administrator first then the administrator can link the staff.  There is a function that will allow the access manager permissions to be migrated across but not Auskeys.  With changing staff the set authorities remain.  The new CFO needs to claim their authority through RAM and the change in the ABR will remove the original CFO
Colin Walker
Assistant Commissioner
Tax Professionals Digital Services
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

VIP

Replies 2

Suggest you get the CFO to authorise the administrator first then the administrator can link the staff.  There is a function that will allow the access manager permissions to be migrated across but not Auskeys.  With changing staff the set authorities remain.  The new CFO needs to claim their authority through RAM and the change in the ABR will remove the original CFO
Colin Walker
Assistant Commissioner
Tax Professionals Digital Services
Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi Colin,

I have 3 email addresses now linked with 3 different identity documents used in those emails. After 6 months of trying i was told they can't delete the email address linked with my document so i can verify myself. I am a Tax agent depending on this and now I face loosing client and dealing with late lodgements.

Do you have any answer/ solutions for this?

Kind regards,
Prakash
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @User82

Unfortunately our website still indicates functionality for this is not expected before the end of the financial year 2020. See Can I change my email? We would ask firstly though if any of the following alternate options may assist:

• Phone lodgement (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)

• Paper lodgement (only applicable for businesses with a turnover less than $20 million)

• A registered Australian tax agent

• Cloud-based Standard Business Reporting (SBR) enabled software.

If not we would then ask you contact us (see Practice administration) to complete an email template escalation to our Digital Services who will contact you either via email or phone to the address provided within 7days. Please feel free to request a reference for the call.

Thank you again for your patience.

Kind regards

MarkA