Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: RAM: Authorisation of Team

Highlighted

Newbie Registered Tax Practitioner

Views 7747

Replies 20

Hi,

I am the principal authorised person for our business and I'm now setup with the relevant MyGovID access. I have attempted to transfer an Auskey users authority via RAM so they can access the ATO online services for our clients. Once they receive and enter the authorisation code they have the following error code: REB.BR.0604.

Can you please advise what this code means and why they cannot accept and be authorised for our tax practice?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 5

Hi @PhilS and @Jacksen,

Error code REB.BR.0604 relates to the authorisation code being entering incorrectly. We have some options on how you can fix this:

1. Check the code is entered in exactly as it appears in the email. The code is case sensitive.
  2. Ensure the name on the Authorisation request email matches the name that appears on the top left hand side when you log into RAM

If you're still having trouble you may need to get in contact with our RAM helpdesk.

Thanks, NateH

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 3

Has the person you are authorising set up their own myGov ID?

This page might help you get set up if you havent already seen it already? https://www.ato.gov.au/General/Online-services/Tax-agents/myGovID-and-RAM-for-tax-professionals/?=re...

Highlighted

Replies 2

Yes, the person had set up their own MyGovid prior to this. 

Thanks for the link I've reviewed this (and many others) but nothing found explains the problem. Surely the purpose of the Error code should be to identify what part of the authorisation is breaking down?

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

You would think so!

Hopefully the ATO can ask the relevant team and shed some light on the error for you 

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @PhilS and @Biggiesmalls,

We're having a look into this one and we'll get back to you with an answer soon Smiley Happy

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Replies 3

I have the same error code.

Is the users MyGovID email address the same as the one the authorisation code was send to?
My code was sent to my work email(using migration from AUSKey), though I already have a MyGovID using my personal email address.  Considering this system is not workplace specific I believe a personal email address is appropriate after reading https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Tax/myGovID-and-RAM-for-tax-professionals/ta-p/32023

Highlighted

Replies 1

Yes the user already had setup with their own personal email address which was different to the Auskey migration email (work email). My understanding of the page you linked was that this shouldn't matter. To quote:

What email address should I use to login?

The email you use to set up and login to your myGovID must belong to you. It shouldn’t be a shared email. It’s important to remember that your myGovID is unique to you, not your employer if you change jobs.

You can link your business, or be authorised in RAM, using a different email address to the one used to set up your myGovID.

Highlighted

Replies 0

I'm thinking that the Authorisation code is linked to the email it is sent to, so if you sent it to their work email address it wont work on their MyGovID because it is attached to a different email address.

You could try sending the Authorisation to their personal email address they are using for MyGovID. I haven't tested it myself though.

Please report back if this resolves the issue.

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 0

I've got the same error and all my details are correct and I am entering the code in the email correctly.

Any updates on why this is still a problem for people trying to respond to being authorised?

Thanks

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

I found that the name put in by the ABN principal was my full legal name, but my MyGovID app only showed my first and last name, which generated that code. The principal modified my name on RAM to be first and last names only and that fixed the problem... no issues since.