Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Re: RAM: Authorisation of Team

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

That is what we found as well. Some of our staff had their full legal name in their myGovID but we only used first and last names when setting them up (or importing from AUSkey). We deleted the original user in RAM then added a new one using their name that matched their myGovID and it worked. 

Highlighted

Newbie Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

Just confirming that as MelissaC has said, once we matched the exact name that the employee had registered with their MyGovID the authorisation process worked.

The Auskey migration didn't work for most employees as they were discrepancies in the their full names.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 5

Hi @PhilS and @Jacksen,

Error code REB.BR.0604 relates to the authorisation code being entering incorrectly. We have some options on how you can fix this:

1. Check the code is entered in exactly as it appears in the email. The code is case sensitive.
  2. Ensure the name on the Authorisation request email matches the name that appears on the top left hand side when you log into RAM

If you're still having trouble you may need to get in contact with our RAM helpdesk.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Replies 2

Good Night team,

Would it be easy to just change my name front the authoricer or calling Ram Helpdesk to get my name right in Mygov ID?

MygovID is showing only my first name and my authoricer employer use all my name.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JoseGomez

Generally your full legal name according to your identity documents will appear on Mygov ID. If your full legal name isn't showing in Mygov ID then you may need to increase your identity strength by adding identity documents that can be verified. More information is available on the Mygov ID website.

Hope this helps.

Ari

Highlighted

Replies 0

all in hand - thanks Ari

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi - no option for online chat for the RAM helpdesk.

We shouldn't have to speak to anyone - all details are correct it seems to be an error at the ATO end.

Now I have to go through all my details, identity everything on the phone with someone - and no doubt there will be some discrepancy which will have to be overcome.   This is what this new system meant to cover and allow access - after all details of identity have been proven and entered.

The website still has BETA in the top left hand corner - I hope bugs are sorted soon.

Highlighted

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Matey,

Sorry to hear of the frustration you're experiencing with authorising users.

The error code REB.BR.0604 can relate to an incorrect authorisation code being entered.

Please check the name and code details from your email (code is case sensitive). If the details are correct and you are still getting this error, contact your authorising representative.

This is possibly an incorrect authorisation code or a name mismatch:

• code must be exact and is case sensitive
  • ensure the name on the Authorisation request email matches the name that appears on the top left hand side when you log into RAM.

Set up authorisations

If the above doesn't resolve the issues please contact us.

I apologise for the inconvenience and please let us know how it goes,

JasonT

Highlighted

Replies 0

Highlighted

Observer

Replies 0

Hello everyone. I hope it is not too late. We have written 4 articles based on our experience with setting up MyGovID, RAM and machine credentials. I hope it may be usefull for someone. https://viccaca.com/vca-report/