Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: myGovID 4-digit code not generating - just continues to circle

Highlighted

Initiate

Views 797

Replies 7

A few staff members have not been able to generate the 4-digit myGovID code when previously there wasn't an issue.

We tried having someone else login on their desktop which worked once, but now doesn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Manager

Replies 6

Hi @DebH,

We haven't come across this issue, if you are still experiencing this it might be worth contacting our myGovID help desk so they can support you as you try to login.

Thanks, NateH

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Manager

Replies 6

Hi @DebH,

We haven't come across this issue, if you are still experiencing this it might be worth contacting our myGovID help desk so they can support you as you try to login.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 2

Hi Nate,

Since putting this out I contacted the myGovID Help Desk and was told to revoke the authorisation and create a new one. 

The user was able to access RAM and generate a number to connect his authorisation but the 4-digit code still does not generate for Online Services.  The screen just shows the circle going round and round.

Not sure if it is an internal problem so we are waiting for myGovID update on Monday to try again.

Regards

Deb

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 1

Hi @DebH,

Let us know if you are still having troubles after the update over the weekend.

Thanks, NateH

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi Nate,

Both users have confirmed that their myGovID codes are now generating correctly.

Thanks

DebH

Highlighted

Replies 2

I have the same issue and it has been going on non-stop for 3 days.  I have cleared my history, deleted temp files etc and tried different browsers but nothing fixes it.  I have looked for other mygovid logos on the web with links that I can use, but there are none that I can find.  I have also reset the App for the third time and had to rescan all my id. No fixes so far. 

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @nswcountry

Sorry you are not having a good experience here. I found this under Need Help? for you. What if I don't receive a code in my app when trying to log in to a government online service?  Hopefully the scenario described there will work for you however if you are still having problems do what NateH recommended and contact our myGovID help desk. They can support you logging in.

Thanks

MarkATO

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi @nswcountry,

I found the same issue of code not generating, just continous circle though previous login worked.

I foung by going via the business portal https://bp.ato.gov.au/ then selecting the Login with MyGovID this worked for me.

Good luck