Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: 3 weeks have passed since my amended tax return just curious on time frame

Views 584

Replies 3

company i worked for liquidated and as someone who knows very little of tax issues i was notified by a thrid party that i was not eligable for a return i foolishly took their word and manually submited a NIL tax return. after a bit of research and reciving my PAYG via mail i spoke to an accountant that notified me an amendment was necessary and that i should wait 3 weeks before making any contact. the 3 weeks have passed and its in in progress !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 2

Hi @jagha 

Amendment time frame about 20 days for online lodgements and up to 50 for paper lodgements, it might take longer depending on the situation.

If you lodged online and still haven't received your notice of assessment you  or your accountant (on your behalf) can contact the ATO for further assistance 

Hope this helps 

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Replies 2

Hi @jagha 

Amendment time frame about 20 days for online lodgements and up to 50 for paper lodgements, it might take longer depending on the situation.

If you lodged online and still haven't received your notice of assessment you  or your accountant (on your behalf) can contact the ATO for further assistance 

Hope this helps 

Replies 1

thanks for the help mekhael . 20 days is tomorrow might give em a buz then cheers! 

Replies 0

Pleasure!