Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

ATO App will not email my deductions

Views 551

Replies 4

I have tried to email my deductins to my accountant however it continues to tell me "You need to set up an email on this device before you can share this saved item."

The app and my phone is up to date, I have gmail and outlook installed on my phone and there is no option in settings to add emails.

Could you please assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Milla,

Sorry that you're experiencing difficulties with sharing your data by email from the ATO App.

If you check and confirm:

• You are using the latest version of your software
• You have the latest version of the ATO App
• If any combination of your operating system or app versions are not up to date, update them and see if that resolves the issue

Additional information is also available on our Troubleshooting page.

If this doesn't provide a solution to your issue and you keep getting the same error message, then please contact us as we can explore this further for you.

RachATO

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Milla,

Sorry that you're experiencing difficulties with sharing your data by email from the ATO App.

If you check and confirm:

• You are using the latest version of your software
• You have the latest version of the ATO App
• If any combination of your operating system or app versions are not up to date, update them and see if that resolves the issue

Additional information is also available on our Troubleshooting page.

If this doesn't provide a solution to your issue and you keep getting the same error message, then please contact us as we can explore this further for you.

RachATO

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Milla,

Just checking in with you - how did you go with the troubleshooting? Please let us know if you're still have issues, and we'll try to help Smiley Happy

Replies 1

Hello,

As I said i had already checked the upates in my original post - it still won't work however. I don't have time to sit on the phone waiting for help - do you have any other options?

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @Milla

I cannot give you technical advice but thought I'd share some of my own personal experience.

Usually when I receive an error like the one you've received, its because I haven't setup an email address with the default email app on my phone.

For example, I have an Apple iPhone which has a default email app simply called 'Mail' which you can use to access emails from iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, Google, yahoo!, Aol, Outlook etc.

I also have a separate 'Gmail' app on my phone which is the official Google app and is separate from iPhone 'Mail' app.

I recommend setting up your email using the default email app on your device (if you haven't already) rather than using the  'Gmail' and 'Outlook' apps and see if this solves the issue.

If this doesn't work, you may need to call us, however if it is an issue with your device, we may not be able to resolve it for you.

I hope you get it resolved soon.

Good luck.

Tony.