Announcements
COVID-19 update: We will publish updates on the JobKeeper payment soon. For now, check out the updated information on Treasury's website.

ATO Community

Account Balance Credit

Highlighted

Views 419

Replies 1

I've received my tax refund for the year however there is fairly substantial Credit in my account balance. I made an amendment for a deduction I forgot to include and it only paid out that new amount, leaving the credit on the account.

Am I able to get this credit paid, or will the ATO hold it without paying me interest?

I have looked around and I can't see an option to have it paid out. I only have the option to make a payment.

Note: I don't have shares so it's not to do with Franking Credits

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JamesL,

Thanks for your question!

It would be best for you to contact us so we can review your account and help you with a manual refund. Refund requests cannot be requested via ATO Online Services at this point in time.

Before you contact us, you may wish to check your Income Tax account online (Tax > Accounts > Tax Accounts > Income Tax) and identify where the credit has come from, and if there are any pending transactions.

It is very strange that a credit would remain on your Income Tax account after a refund was issued.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JamesL,

Thanks for your question!

It would be best for you to contact us so we can review your account and help you with a manual refund. Refund requests cannot be requested via ATO Online Services at this point in time.

Before you contact us, you may wish to check your Income Tax account online (Tax > Accounts > Tax Accounts > Income Tax) and identify where the credit has come from, and if there are any pending transactions.

It is very strange that a credit would remain on your Income Tax account after a refund was issued.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.