Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Delivery Allowance can I claim deduction?

Observer

Views 76

Replies 1

I receive 41c per KM on my PayG summary, this is listed as a "delivery allowance". Since this means I am paying tax on this allowance am I entitled to claiming the cents per kilometre method as a deduction on my tax return? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ECurtis

Yes - you can claim a deduction for work-related car expenses if you use your own car to deliver items or collect supplies.

As you mentioned, you can calculate the car expenses using either the Cents per kilometre method or the logbook method.

More information on Car expenses can be found on our website.

Chantelle

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ECurtis

Yes - you can claim a deduction for work-related car expenses if you use your own car to deliver items or collect supplies.

As you mentioned, you can calculate the car expenses using either the Cents per kilometre method or the logbook method.

More information on Car expenses can be found on our website.

Chantelle