Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

EFT Refunds

Highlighted

Views 357

Replies 1

Hi, I'd love some help on an EFT issue.

I have a refund sitting in my ATO Tax account - my EFT payment bounced last week as there was a transposition of 2 numbers in the account number and the money has been back in the ATO account since Thursday last week.  

I have updated the account details (on Thursday last week) both by phone and online and was told that the money would be transferred to the correct account in the next day or so when I spoke to the CSO on Thursday.   The CSO confirmed they had been in touch with the Accounts department and taken the hold off it and it would be transferred ASAP.

As of today the money is still sitting in the Tax account at the ATO, how can I get the transfer expediated and into my account?  The account page says it  "The account has pending transactions that may affect the final balance"  - but given that I have recieved the notice of assesment and the money has been transferred once already assume this shouldn't be the case.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jt9876,

Thanks for getting in touch again!

I've answered your other question here.