Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Group Certificates

Highlighted

Views 306

Replies 1

I'm retired. In May 2019 I was told that due to a payroll mistake I had been underpaid during my time at work. The back pay was transferred to my account on 19th June 2019. I was told that the payment summary had been submitted to the ATO by the 31st July 2019 deadline. Unfortunately I can't find any record of this payment in the Mygov ATO portal. My ex employer is adamant that they have informed the ATO and it must be a matching error and there is nothing more they can do. I'm not sure what to do next. Can anyone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Johnm,

Thanks for your question!

If your employer gave you a copy of the payment summary, this is all you will need to complete the lodgement. If the information has not pre-filled in myTax you will just enter it manually according to what your employer has given you.

If your employer has not given you a payment summary, then you will need to get one from them or at the very least a letter that shows the gross and withheld amounts. If the back payment related to a number of financial years, then they will also need to give you a letter explaining how the amount is apportioned to each year.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Johnm,

Thanks for your question!

If your employer gave you a copy of the payment summary, this is all you will need to complete the lodgement. If the information has not pre-filled in myTax you will just enter it manually according to what your employer has given you.

If your employer has not given you a payment summary, then you will need to get one from them or at the very least a letter that shows the gross and withheld amounts. If the back payment related to a number of financial years, then they will also need to give you a letter explaining how the amount is apportioned to each year.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.