Announcements
We’re aware you may be experiencing issues trying to access our online services. We’re investigating the issue as a priority and are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for your patience so far - we'll keep you posted!

ATO Community

In progress-under reviw

Views 410

Replies 2

My return was lodged on 8th, effective date the 15th, it has been in progress under review since the 11th but have not received any correspondence to resolve whatever the hold up is. Im currently in Indonesia so can not call due to phone reception dropping in and out and cost per/min. What other avenues can i try to get some movement in the matter please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Expat_Les 

@MCA_Accountants is correct. While we aim to get everyone's tax returns processed as quickly as possible (usually within two weeks if lodged electronically), some returns can take longer for various reasons, e.g. where manual processing is required. In turn, some electronically lodged returns can take up to 30 days (around four weeks).

If your tax return is delayed and it is going to take longer than our usual processing times, generally you don't need to contact us. We will contact you if we need more information and will keep you informed of any ongoing delays. In the meantime, you can track your return's progress by accessing our online services (via myGov).

For more information and discussion, have a look at our forum's article about where’s my tax return? as well as our Tax time 2020 – where’s my return? thread.

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

You can call the ATO or put a request through your MyGov (I think).

Bear in mind the ATO's standard processing time is 4 weeks, so until that 4 week period expires they won't do much "extra" just because you contact them.

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Expat_Les 

@MCA_Accountants is correct. While we aim to get everyone's tax returns processed as quickly as possible (usually within two weeks if lodged electronically), some returns can take longer for various reasons, e.g. where manual processing is required. In turn, some electronically lodged returns can take up to 30 days (around four weeks).

If your tax return is delayed and it is going to take longer than our usual processing times, generally you don't need to contact us. We will contact you if we need more information and will keep you informed of any ongoing delays. In the meantime, you can track your return's progress by accessing our online services (via myGov).

For more information and discussion, have a look at our forum's article about where’s my tax return? as well as our Tax time 2020 – where’s my return? thread.