ATO Community

Re: Installment Activity Statement

Initiate

Views 152

Replies 1

My housemate who is not an Australian citizen has been working these last 6 months and paying tax through the PAYG system set up by her employer . Somewhere along the line someone possibly a tax agent has failed to check the box marked as " Australian Resident for Tax Purposes " and subsequently received an Installment Activity Statement to the value of $542 for the period  Oct 1 - Dec31 2020. We went into her MyGov and amended her return to reflect that she was an AR for TP . Since then she has just received a notice in her inbox saying that she no longer needs pay PAYG Installments from Jan 2021.  However in her ATO files under Tax , Lodgements , Activity Statements  , For Action and under the heading " Prepare " , it shows an amount owing as $542 .

T7label T7
PAYG Instalment amount Tag 
$542.
attention
$542.00
read only
$542 .

But when we look at  Tax , Accounts ,  Summary , under Activity Statement 004 we see this,

Overdue
$0.00
Not yet due
 $0.00
Balance
Balance $0.00
read only
$0.00

The second page under  Tax , Accounts ,  Summary , appeared after we made the amendment to her Return  . So we are a little confused as to which one is valid . Does she have a $0 to pay here or not ? 
Thanks ,....i hope this wasn't confusing .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Carvets,

It quite difficult to give you a definitive answer to your question without taking a look into your friends tax record. However, it may be that your friend is still liable to pay the $542 in PAYG Instalments for the December BAS though she has been exited from the PAYGI system from January onwards.

My advice would be to get your friend to contact us on the number listed under Business Enquiries so that we can confirm with her where her account stands and what, if any her obligations may be.

Links

Contact us

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Carvets,

It quite difficult to give you a definitive answer to your question without taking a look into your friends tax record. However, it may be that your friend is still liable to pay the $542 in PAYG Instalments for the December BAS though she has been exited from the PAYGI system from January onwards.

My advice would be to get your friend to contact us on the number listed under Business Enquiries so that we can confirm with her where her account stands and what, if any her obligations may be.

Links

Contact us