Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Linking code to ato

Views 83

Replies 1

Hi there I am working holiday visa holder and I've changed my number recently and was unable to acces my previous mygov account so I had to create a new one. When I wanted to link my ato I wasn't eligible to the option where you get to answer the question and so like the first time I wanted to call the centerlink but no options to get the linking code this time or it just sends me back to the mygov centerlink where I explained the situation and send me back to the ATO line....it's just going in circle without any solution.

So, how can I get a linking code please?

Again I am working holiday visa holder 🖖🏻

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Claire92

You'll need to get in contact with us over the phone to obtain a linking code. MyGov and Centrelink aren't able to help with that as we need to link the ATO service from our side. You can find contact numbers on our contact us page. Best area to call would be our individuals line, which you can find the number for under individual enquiries. 

Hope this helps. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Claire92

You'll need to get in contact with us over the phone to obtain a linking code. MyGov and Centrelink aren't able to help with that as we need to link the ATO service from our side. You can find contact numbers on our contact us page. Best area to call would be our individuals line, which you can find the number for under individual enquiries. 

Hope this helps.