Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Manual Chq refund

Highlighted

Views 264

Replies 1

Hello 
Within my income tax account I was approved granted a refund for a credit on special grounds, rather than it going to my integrated account which i has a debt im paying off on a payment plan.
My banking details are all correct and ive checked this online. The credit went down to zero and the description for that transaction reads:

9 Sep 2019---- 11 Sep 2019 ------Manual Chq refund for Income Tax for the period from 01 Jul 18 to 30 Jun 19

after extensive searching online i cant find any answers to wehter this means i will be recieving a cheque in the mail or not?
Orignal tax retrun submitted on AUG 10 and NOA was issued SEPT 5.

Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HUNTERM26

Welcome to our Community.

From what you have advised as well as the transaction description that you have provided, it would seem as though you will be getting a cheque in the mail. This may be due to the reason for the refund being issued.

The two dates that you have provided are likely the processed date (9 September) and effective date (11 September). The processed date would be the date we processed the manual refund request. The effective date is usually the date we issue the refund cheque.

Assuming that the cheque was issued on 11 September, if you haven't got it yet, it shouldn't be too far away. If you are concerned, give us a call. You can find the relevant phone number by referring to the contact us page on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HUNTERM26

Welcome to our Community.

From what you have advised as well as the transaction description that you have provided, it would seem as though you will be getting a cheque in the mail. This may be due to the reason for the refund being issued.

The two dates that you have provided are likely the processed date (9 September) and effective date (11 September). The processed date would be the date we processed the manual refund request. The effective date is usually the date we issue the refund cheque.

Assuming that the cheque was issued on 11 September, if you haven't got it yet, it shouldn't be too far away. If you are concerned, give us a call. You can find the relevant phone number by referring to the contact us page on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR