Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

My super not reported and I owe at ato

Views 466

Replies 3

Hi,

actually, I have two question

First, I am paid at the restaurant where I work. Excluding 15% tax each time. And I have never been paid any other place. My hourly wage is 18 dollars and I always get paid after paying 15% tax. But when I report my tax, I knew that I owe to ato. I Can't understand. I want to claim. Can you help me?

and next, my super balance is not reported. I had already checked similar ask so I asked my super. But they said 

"We can confirm that your QSuper details have been reported to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) however please note that the ATO portal (attached to your MyGov account) is not controlled by QSuper, and may not contain up to date information. "

Then now what can I do? 
I already check my TFN and other things

please help me.
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sunhee,

As a working holiday maker, the first $37,000 of your income is taxed at 15% and the balance is taxed at ordinary rates.

You do not need to lodge an income tax return or a non-lodgment advice if all your income earned was salary and wages under your working holiday maker visa, and your total taxable income was less than $37,001, unless you wish to claim deductions.

There's many reasons it might be saying you would owe us if you've made a mistake on your return, so it will be best to use the live chat function (on the right hand side of page 3 and page 4 of myTax) for help. We can see your screen in real time and tell you where to click!

The reason your super balance will not be up to date with us on your myGov account is because your super fund only reports your balance to us once per year.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @ Sunhee

Thank you for your question. I just need some clarification. Are you a resident for taxation purposes? If not, are you on a working holiday visa or a different type of visa? The 15% tax rate only applies to working holiday visa holders so we need to clarify that first.

Thank you for contacting us and have a nice day!

Replies 1

Hi Lisa,

thank you for reply!

yes I have workingholiday visa.

I don't have citizenship.

best regard,

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sunhee,

As a working holiday maker, the first $37,000 of your income is taxed at 15% and the balance is taxed at ordinary rates.

You do not need to lodge an income tax return or a non-lodgment advice if all your income earned was salary and wages under your working holiday maker visa, and your total taxable income was less than $37,001, unless you wish to claim deductions.

There's many reasons it might be saying you would owe us if you've made a mistake on your return, so it will be best to use the live chat function (on the right hand side of page 3 and page 4 of myTax) for help. We can see your screen in real time and tell you where to click!

The reason your super balance will not be up to date with us on your myGov account is because your super fund only reports your balance to us once per year.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy