Announcements
Read our answers to common questions about JobKeeper, Early release of super and Cash flow boost.

ATO Community

My super

Highlighted

Views 148

Replies 1

Hello everybody,

I am seeking an assistence in such matter: I would like to apply for a DASP (my visa has expired and I currently live outside of Australia and I am not planning to come back to live there), but it turned out that my former employer has not been paying my superannuation and he is obliged to pay it back by the law. 

Unfortunately he has not even started to do that  and it has been over 9 months. I am about to submit a report to ATO for further investigation on him which will take from 6 months untill 2 years. 

A question is whether after applying for DASP, will my account be closed and do I have to keep it open during an investigation? If not, is it possible to reopen my super from overseas for the future payments? 

Many thanks,

Anastasiia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Anastasiia,

You would need to contact your super fund about whether they would close your account or not. If you don't have an active super account when your former employer does pay the owed superannuation then it will be held by the ATO and you can just claim it with another DASP application.

Thanks, NateH

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Anastasiia,

You would need to contact your super fund about whether they would close your account or not. If you don't have an active super account when your former employer does pay the owed superannuation then it will be held by the ATO and you can just claim it with another DASP application.

Thanks, NateH