Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Refund funds time to receive

Views 2873

Replies 2

Hi there, online acc says refund and notice of assessment issued today 13/07/2018 via eft. Checked acc details and they are all correct. When should i see the funds in my NAB account
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sianclare and @markier87,

Welcome to our Community!

You can find information about Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... on our Community.

If your return takes longer than 10 business days to process, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH

2 REPLIES 2

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi!

I also am in the same situation. I received the notice of assessment last July 13 but until now, I have not received my refund as well. On the other hand, my partner received his notice of assessment on the same day and also received his refund on the same day! We both are with Bankwest so I am puzzled as to why the delay. This is the first time this happened. I tried calling the hotline and it seems their system does not reflect that I was already given the notice of assessment so I informed the guy on the other line that I do have been released with my notice of assessment and it says it was already forwarded to my financial institution. Thus, I message Bankwest and enquired but I was informed that no delay was found on their part and that the refund has not reached my account yet. 

I am afraid that the delay may be caused by the fact that I did use a tax agent last year to do the whole process but this year, I opted back to doing it myself and now this happened.

If you have experienced that too, the community would appreciate your two cents on the matter.

Cheers!

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sianclare and @markier87,

Welcome to our Community!

You can find information about Tax Time 2018: Where’s my tax return? Explaining timeframes, ‘processed’ and ‘effective’ dates and b... on our Community.

If your return takes longer than 10 business days to process, you can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to discuss with an operator. Have your TFN with you when you call so the operator can ask you some identity questions to access your account.

Thanks, JodieH