Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Sugar baby

Views 219

Replies 2

okay so if I become a sugar baby how do i declare that for tax so i get no extttra charges? does it count as being a sole trader?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Kaitlyn3,

Whether this would be viewed as running a business or not is based around intention to some extent. If the main reason of pursuing this is to make a profit, then it's likely to be a business more than a hobby. Ultimately you should take a look at the online resources available on our website as well as Business Australia and their 'Business or Hobby' tool, as other factors come into determing this.

Although we haven't had this exact question before, the response in this forum post would be useful here too Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @Kaitlyn3,

Whether this would be viewed as running a business or not is based around intention to some extent. If the main reason of pursuing this is to make a profit, then it's likely to be a business more than a hobby. Ultimately you should take a look at the online resources available on our website as well as Business Australia and their 'Business or Hobby' tool, as other factors come into determing this.

Although we haven't had this exact question before, the response in this forum post would be useful here too Smiley Happy

Replies 0

Thankyou! definetly not a hobby just tryna make money Smiley Happy