Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Tax Income 001 Why?

Views 128

Replies 1

Hello,

First time filing a tax return, last year i had a tax return agent do it, this year I did my own, I had someone check over it beforehand submitting it, but it appears i may have done something wrong, I'll explain the scenario first to see if what I'm thinking is accurate or not and to find out if anyone can help assist me in explaining the process better,

I submitted it on the first week of tax return (employers data was available), so I then proceeded with filing it, after a couple of days it was balancing account, yesterday it went from balancing account to "Processing", but has given me an "Income Tax 001" bill while still processing, i am unsure to why i would owe the Tax Office money, I am an 18-year-old kid, I'm certain my employer has been taking tax as they are with Xero PAYG,

My questions are:

1) Is this normal to receive an Income Tax 001?

2) Will I receive a tax refund or am I only due to pay tax?

3) What is the cause of this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope someone will be able to assist me in finding answers and understanding the process better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Congrats on lodging your first tax return!

It's all completely normal and just how the process works. The status will change regualrly until its finnished and then you'll see a notice of assessment showing you the outcome 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Congrats on lodging your first tax return!

It's all completely normal and just how the process works. The status will change regualrly until its finnished and then you'll see a notice of assessment showing you the outcome