Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Tax Return Lodgement Ammendment

Replies 0

Dear @BlakeATO ATO Community,

Good day!

"wifi calling service to call instead of cell data"

- How? 

Keep in mind that for individuals and sole traders there is a 2 year time limit for submitting amendments to your tax return.  If you submitted the amendment more than 2 years after you originally submitted your 2018 tax return, then it won't be processed.  

- Why only now after I waited for 30 days for nothing? Seriously! Besides, the system allowed me to!
- Likewise, my tax return for 2017 was sent via fax which I lodged an objection. 

I'm unable to make a call. Please assist me.

I have made an ammendment to my tax return for years 2018 and 2019 which I both lodged at the same time. The 30 day online standard timeframe have passed.

I have received my refund on 20 August 2021 for year 2019. However, I haven’t received anything yet for year 2018.

May I kindly inquire the status of it?

Thank you

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Lowe

Many video calling programs have the function to call landline numbers or mobile numbers. So do most phones and mobile carriers. To find out how, you'd need to ask for their support. Due to remaining impartial, we can't recommend one service directly. You can try with your mobile, or with a program you can download online.  A search of "wifi calling" will give you a start.

When we receive a lodgment that is an out of time amendment, the system will put a stopper on it to be manually checked by one of our staff. Particularly because of the amount of lodgments we currently receive, it may take us longer to pick up your lodgment to check it. 

This is why you'll need to contact us

Replies 1

Dear @BlakeATO ATO Community,

Good day!

"wifi calling service to call instead of cell data"

- How? 

Can you please give me a call. Please assist me.

When we receive a lodgment that is an out of time amendment, the system will put a stopper on it to be manually checked by one of our staff.

- What do you mean stopper? 
- As mentioned, the system allowed me to!

Keep in mind that for individuals and sole traders there is a 2 year time limit for submitting amendments to your tax return.  If you submitted the amendment more than 2 years after you originally submitted your 2018 tax return, then it won't be processed.  

- Why only now after I waited for 30 days for nothing? Seriously! Besides, the system allowed me to!
- Likewise, my tax return for 2017 was sent via fax which I lodged an objection. 

I have made an ammendment to my tax return for years 2018 and 2019 which I both lodged at the same time. The 30 day online standard timeframe have passed.

I have received my refund on 20 August 2021 for year 2019. However, I haven’t received anything yet for year 2018.

May I kindly inquire the status of it?

Thank you

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Lowe 

You will need to contact us. As mentioned, you can use a wi-fi calling service to avoid connection fees. You can use an online search engine to find out how to do this with your device, or with a program on your computer.

The stopper is just a pause on the lodgment to allow us to check it manually. Our staff look at what you are trying to change on the return and to see if you've lodged an objection with the form.

You can still lodge an amendment to overdue returns online, but you must also submit an objection by paper or fax in order for us to process it.