Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Tax Return

Highlighted

Views 890

Replies 2

Assessment: Original
Outcome: Processing

Received Date: 11/07/2018
Lodgment method: Electronic
Esitmated assessment issue date: 18/07/2018
Refund payment method: EFT

Under Income Tax it states the following:

Processed Date: 13 Jul 2018
Effective Date: 18 Jul 2018
Description: EFT refund for Income Tax for the period from 01 Jul 2017 to 30 Jun 2018
Amount: (my tax return amount) DR

Roughly, should I be having my tax return in my bank account tonight or tomorrow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Anonymous

Replies 0

The " effective date " is the proposed date that you should receive your refund, which in your case is the 18 July 2018.

However, that is always subject to change at the discretion of the ATO, and if anything does change you will see a change in those notifications you currently have.

Have a look at the information in the attached link as it gives a breakdown of what the ATO notifications mean.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/Tracking-your-refund-or-fixing-a-mistake/

ATO individual phone line 13 28 61

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @annamhcroberts - if you're entitled to receive a refund, it should issue within a few days of receiving your notice of assessment in your myGov inbox. If you haven't received your notice of assessment yet, your return is still processing and the status may still change. 

We can't guarantee what date your return will finish processing. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

Best answer

Anonymous

Replies 0

The " effective date " is the proposed date that you should receive your refund, which in your case is the 18 July 2018.

However, that is always subject to change at the discretion of the ATO, and if anything does change you will see a change in those notifications you currently have.

Have a look at the information in the attached link as it gives a breakdown of what the ATO notifications mean.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/Tracking-your-refund-or-fixing-a-mistake/

ATO individual phone line 13 28 61