Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Tax Time 2021 – join the discussion

Community Manager

Views 2820

Replies 83

This is the place to discuss preparing and lodging your 2021 income tax return, including:

• filling out your return
  • processing times
  • status changes
  • delays to refunds.

Remember to follow our house rules; don’t post any personal info, stay on topic, keep it clean, and most of all, be kind.

If you want to ask a question, or reply to a specific post in this thread, click the ‘reply’ button on that post.

Let the tax time chat, begin!

83 REPLIES 83

Community Moderator

Replies 29

Hi Community,

It's one week till tax time.  If you've got a question, we're here and ready to help!  Smiley Happy

I'm new

Replies 4

Will it be possible to start filling any data in my gov for tax or not until 1/7 (some people already have payment summaries)

Community Moderator

Replies 3

Hi @MrsBoyo,

You’ll be able to start filling in your data on myTax now, and you can save your progress as you go.   We recommend you complete and submit your return any time from Thursday 1 July 2021.

At this early stage, most or all of your pre-fill won’t appear and you’ll have to enter the information yourself.  Pre-fill is generally completed by mid-July, although it can take until August in some instances.  

If you're waiting on income statements, we’ll send a notification to your myGov inbox when all of your income statements are 'Tax ready'.

We’ve got a great resource that covers what’s new for individuals this year that may also help.

Replies 0

Dear NikkiATO,

You advise that it can take up until August for pre-fill to be completed in some instances. This needs to be corrected. I received an email from the ATO telling me that I could expect to wait until 'around 7 to 21 October' before I would be notified that my pre-fill had been completed. Let's set the record straight! 

Replies 1

Hi,

Ive been trying to obtain a copy of my income statement but the ATO mygov system seems to be down still. Any idea when it will be up and running again?

Thanks

Solar

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Solar,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in.  We have no reports of any outages on the myGov system.  Can you let me know what's happening at your end?

Replies 1

Hi.  This year I plan on filling out my own tax return. I will have Capital gains to declare and will have a bill at the end of my lodgement to the Tax office.  

My question is:

• When I receive my bill, Is there a common set date to pay the bill buy or is this set out on a case by case report?

• Is there a payment system in place where I can apply for installment or an extension?

Thank you kindly

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @markw_01,

If you lodge your own tax return and it results in a tax bill, payment is due by 21 November.  As 21 November is a Sunday this year, your tax payment will be due on Monday 22 November.

If your debt is $100,000 or less you can use our online services to create a payment arrangement . We also have a payment plan estimator that gives you help to work out a plan that meets your circumstances. 

Best wishes with it all.

Initiate

Replies 3

Hi,

I have a question regarding my annual salary calculation.

I just received my last pay slip (period of June), but because it was processed today, this salary seems to be part of next FY totals.

This means my FY 20/21 salary is only calculated for 11 month.

This seems really strange to me. Could someone please advise if this is OK or if my employer made a mistake?