ATO Community

Re: Tax cheque refund time

Views 749

Replies 2

on my summary it says cheque refund ,how long does it take to receive the cheque

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @John9

If the progress of your return is showing Issued - $ Amount and you are looking at your notice of assessment online and it is showing it will be issued by cheque then the date of payment will be the date the cheque will be issued - you will need to allow time for Australian post for delivery and not sure if there may be further postal delays due to Covid19.

It is good to keep in mind that supplying a bank account for a electronic refunds would be the fastest and most secure way to receive a refund.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @John9

If the progress of your return is showing Issued - $ Amount and you are looking at your notice of assessment online and it is showing it will be issued by cheque then the date of payment will be the date the cheque will be issued - you will need to allow time for Australian post for delivery and not sure if there may be further postal delays due to Covid19.

It is good to keep in mind that supplying a bank account for a electronic refunds would be the fastest and most secure way to receive a refund.

Replies 0

Hi thanks for the reply , there is a few and it reads issued for all of them from effective date , so I guess I will wait and see how long