ATO Community

Tax refund under Part X Insolvency agreement

Ask a question

Initiate

Views 124

Replies 3

Hi

Sorry to be a pain as I have asked this question in the past but my account is still showing balancing account with a $4333CR on it. It has been balancing for a few weeks now. It was lodged on 3rd September. Should I contact the ATO to see how long more it is going to take or wait a bit longer. I expected the return to take a bit longer but not nearly 2 months. I have no centrelink or government debt so it should be straight forward. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Insolvency2019,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't access your account here on Community so we're unable to advise how long your return will take to process. However, if you have been or are under an insolvency agreement this can cause a delay with your return.

You can query the progress of your return by contacting us and speaking with an operator. The operator will need to ask you some identity questions to access your account. They may not be able to tell you exactly when your return will finalise as they may be limited with information available.

Thanks, JodieH.

3 REPLIES 3

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Insolvency2019,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't access your account here on Community so we're unable to advise how long your return will take to process. However, if you have been or are under an insolvency agreement this can cause a delay with your return.

You can query the progress of your return by contacting us and speaking with an operator. The operator will need to ask you some identity questions to access your account. They may not be able to tell you exactly when your return will finalise as they may be limited with information available.

Thanks, JodieH.

Initiate

Replies 1

Thanks JodieH
How long do you think I should wait before calling - it will be two months since submission on 3rd November. Thanks Again for your help.

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Insolvency2019,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can contact us when it's been more than 30 days sense you lodge your return and we haven't contacted you to advise there will be a delay in processing your return.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors