Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Tax

Views 96

Replies 2

Can I do a tax return for payment that came into my bank account 30 June but the payslip said paying period 1/7 to3/7. I was working casual and paying Fortnite.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi Jake2,

In general, which ever date appears on your payslip is the date you would take as the pay period and the financial year you would have to report the income.

In the example you have given it appears that the payment you received on the 30th would be reported in the 2022 Income statement. If you disagree with this you will need to take it further with your employer.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 1

Hi Jake2,

In general, which ever date appears on your payslip is the date you would take as the pay period and the financial year you would have to report the income.

In the example you have given it appears that the payment you received on the 30th would be reported in the 2022 Income statement. If you disagree with this you will need to take it further with your employer.

Replies 0

Thank you very much!