Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: lodging a trust return

Views 352

Replies 5

trust return: I am currently stuck overseas and  postal services are not avaiable. I cannot lodge online as I dont have the software and need to send a paper lodgement in. My question is: Can I send a scaned completed trust tax return to a family member in Australia, so they can send it into the ATO via postal services

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Missmarlee,

You've a few options to lodge.  You can have a family member in Australia post in a scanned copy.  Another option is a tax agent will be able to lodge electronically for you.

You might want to take into consideration there's a 50 business day processing service standard for a paper tax return.

You can read up on where to send the return on our web site.

Stay safe.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Missmarlee,

You've a few options to lodge.  You can have a family member in Australia post in a scanned copy.  Another option is a tax agent will be able to lodge electronically for you.

You might want to take into consideration there's a 50 business day processing service standard for a paper tax return.

You can read up on where to send the return on our web site.

Stay safe.

Replies 3

where on the ato website can I contact the ATO via online to notify them of a late lodgement of a trust lodgement and personal tax lodgement. I am stuck overseas and do not have cell coverage where, I need to notify/apply on line and I cannt afford to pay a tax agent to do our lodgments. 

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Missmarlee

You can only let us know via the Business portal online if you have access. Otherwise you'll need to contact us by phone during our business hours. Please see our contact us page on our website for the overseas number.

Ari

Initiate

Replies 1

Why has it not been built for Individuals to lodge their Trust returns online?

Thanks

Initiate

Replies 0

Even an ATO MYOB or Xero that's simpler and straight forward I would imagine would not be to hard to design and get done.