Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Watch the video in our latest news article.

ATO Community

tax return waiting time

Highlighted

Views 2672

Replies 1

I lodged my tax return on July 7 and still on balancing account stage for 2 months now it hasnt moved since then. I was told last time I called that Ill get my return Sept 6 or 7 after 2 weeks I rang. Still I dont have my tax return Should I be expecting to get them next year ? what is you time frame processing tax returns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @leoyap,

Thanks for your question! In order to follow up on the progress of your return, we'd need to ask you personal questions to verify your identity and access your account. We advise against providing these kinds of details in a public forum, so we can't provide an update on the progress of your return here.

We aim to process income tax returns lodged online within 30 days, and we should send you notification (via post, SMS or your myGov inbox) if your return will take longer than this. There are a number of reasons why your return may be delayed, and we'll get in touch if we need any additional information to finalise your return.

You can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday to ask us to investigate further.

Thanks, @AmandaE

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @leoyap,

Thanks for your question! In order to follow up on the progress of your return, we'd need to ask you personal questions to verify your identity and access your account. We advise against providing these kinds of details in a public forum, so we can't provide an update on the progress of your return here.

We aim to process income tax returns lodged online within 30 days, and we should send you notification (via post, SMS or your myGov inbox) if your return will take longer than this. There are a number of reasons why your return may be delayed, and we'll get in touch if we need any additional information to finalise your return.

You can phone us on 13 28 61 between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday to ask us to investigate further.

Thanks, @AmandaE