Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Unpaid super

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 179

Replies 1

Hi all,

I was employed in a community pharmacy from 1/10/19 till 16/02/20. My super was paid till 31/12 and i was told that remaining super will be paid on due date (28/04). This business is about to be sold, its settlement day is 29/04. My concern is that my super may not be paid as its the responsibility of the previous owner. How to prevent non payment of my super in these circumstances?

Many thanks

Goran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Goran

Thanks for your post.

Unless you have reason to suspect that your employer won't do the right thing, you probably have nothing to be concerned about. As long as your employer pays your January to March super guarantee (SG) by 28 April, they will have met their obligations.

For more information about when to pay super, refer to our website.

If your employer doesn't pay it on time, they will be required to pay the super guarantee charge which will be due by 28 May. If they fail to do that, you can report them to us.

For more information about the superannuation guarantee charge (SGC) and unpaid super from your employer, go to our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Goran

Thanks for your post.

Unless you have reason to suspect that your employer won't do the right thing, you probably have nothing to be concerned about. As long as your employer pays your January to March super guarantee (SG) by 28 April, they will have met their obligations.

For more information about when to pay super, refer to our website.

If your employer doesn't pay it on time, they will be required to pay the super guarantee charge which will be due by 28 May. If they fail to do that, you can report them to us.

For more information about the superannuation guarantee charge (SGC) and unpaid super from your employer, go to our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR