ATO Community

Linking my business ABN to RAM

I'm new

Views 149

Replies 2

Hello. RAM is apparently still down. I need to link my business to MyGovID via RAM but cannot due to ATO system error.  This has been ongoing for a couple of weeks now.  I really need to lodge some BAS and to authorise/link an employee.  The System maintenance page was not useful as it states maintenance will take place on March 12th.  It is March 3rd today.  Dealing with the ATO is stressful enough without this sort of error happening.  Please tell me when it will be fixed. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Davossimracing

Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is currently undergoing system maintenance, impacting the Link your business function. Thanks for your patience while this is happening!

Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted, and principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If your BAS is due soon and you’re unable to link your business in RAM:
- Contact your principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you
- If you’re a sole trader you can access ATO online via myGov.
- Find out alternative ways to lodge your BAS

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, please hold tight as it will be back up and running on 15 March. For urgent assistance to link your business, phone the number next to MyGovID on our contact us page (select option 3). You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will update you once the function is available again. 

Link:
Contact us

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this.

The Link your business function in RAM is currently unavailable due to system maintenance - this is preventing you from linking your business. Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted. Principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If your request to link your business is not urgent, we recommend waiting for the function to be back up again. Updates are provided in RAM’s system maintenance page and we will also update this thread.

For alternative BAS lodgment methods, check how to lodge your BAS.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Davossimracing

Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) is currently undergoing system maintenance, impacting the Link your business function. Thanks for your patience while this is happening!

Existing business links and authorisations are not impacted, and principal authorities and authorisation administrators can continue to authorise others to act on behalf of the business.

If your BAS is due soon and you’re unable to link your business in RAM:
- Contact your principal authority or authorisation administrator so they can authorise you
- If you’re a sole trader you can access ATO online via myGov.
- Find out alternative ways to lodge your BAS

If you don’t need to link your business urgently, please hold tight as it will be back up and running on 15 March. For urgent assistance to link your business, phone the number next to MyGovID on our contact us page (select option 3). You’ll need to provide personal details to complete a proof of identity check. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and will update you once the function is available again. 

Link:
Contact us