Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Declaring tax for ebay sale and deductions

Initiate

Views 167

Replies 1

I am currently selling plants on ebay (as a second job) and making profit. I have been buying packaging material on ebay, and buying plants and postage sachets via paypal. I am currently hiring a piece of land to store the plants (which I pay on paypal and direct deposit). Can I use these transactions, paypal fees and ebay fees as deductables?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @forevermango,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

These are cost associated with running you business and can be claimed. You can find more information on claiming these kind of expenses under Claiming a tax deduction for other operating expenses.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @forevermango,

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

These are cost associated with running you business and can be claimed. You can find more information on claiming these kind of expenses under Claiming a tax deduction for other operating expenses.