Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

485 visa and stuck overseas

Views 50

Replies 1

I am in 485 post study visa and am stuck overseas due to border closure. I have my visa till June 2022 but don't really think that I can enter Australia anytime soon due to ongoing border restrictions. Am I eligible to access my super at this situation to meet the current financial needs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sonish12

Welcome to ATO community!

There is super information for temporary residents departing Australia. Generally, you can claim a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) if the following apply:

• your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
  • you have left Australia and you do not hold any other active Australian visa

Head to our website for more information about Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

You can also check out other options to access super early on our website.

Hope this helps,

Chantelle

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sonish12

Welcome to ATO community!

There is super information for temporary residents departing Australia. Generally, you can claim a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) if the following apply:

• your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
  • you have left Australia and you do not hold any other active Australian visa

Head to our website for more information about Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

You can also check out other options to access super early on our website.

Hope this helps,

Chantelle