Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Constant Roadblocks Trying to Access Unclaimed Super Post-Departure

I'm new

Views 169

Replies 1

Afternoon ATO Community,

I left Australia several years ago after a relationship visa breakdown and have recently brought myself round to address the issue of my unclaimed super.

Unfortunately, and possibly in part due to my poor book-keeping, I keep meeting roadblocks whilst trying to follow the various channels to reunite with it.

Is there any way to establish an email correspondence with ATO? My only remaining option is to call at a steep equivalent of $2.50 per minute, and, with no gaurantees on getting through, wait times or potential conclusion, nor the financial inclination to do so, this is leaving me with very little possibility the above happen!

Any advice that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JFarthing,

Thank you for reaching out to us, sounds like you've had lots to contend with. To keep this process simple you can apply for your super online via our departing Australia super payment (DASP) tool. In this instance you simply access the tool, enter your details and submit. Generally your super fund would send us your super balance after you have been out of the country for at least 6mnths. You can still use DASP to access it from us. 

Please use the links for further assistance.

Links-

Departing Australia Super payment

Online or paper application.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JFarthing,

Thank you for reaching out to us, sounds like you've had lots to contend with. To keep this process simple you can apply for your super online via our departing Australia super payment (DASP) tool. In this instance you simply access the tool, enter your details and submit. Generally your super fund would send us your super balance after you have been out of the country for at least 6mnths. You can still use DASP to access it from us. 

Please use the links for further assistance.

Links-

Departing Australia Super payment

Online or paper application.

All the best.