Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

How can I withdraw my lost super

I'm new

Views 132

Replies 1

I have lost my super and it is now held by ATO. I'm now based in India and my work permit visa 457 would have expired. I tried to withdraw super but I haven't got withdraw option but only transfer to new super account.

I don't have any existing super account and also new super account requires to be a resident of Australia (as its askig for Australian mobile numer) . Please guide me how can I withdraw my super.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rajamanikanta1,

You can claim the super money you have received whilst working in Australia by completing the departing Australia superannuation payment application. You must meet the eligibility to claim for the payment. 

You can view more about departing Australia superannuation payment on our website and also the eligibility requirement. 

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @rajamanikanta1,

You can claim the super money you have received whilst working in Australia by completing the departing Australia superannuation payment application. You must meet the eligibility to claim for the payment. 

You can view more about departing Australia superannuation payment on our website and also the eligibility requirement.