Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: Can't log in to mygovid

Views 189

Replies 5

Hi

I have been unable to log in to my mygovid account-it is just doing nothing.

I have opened the app and it just does the circle going round on the internet.

I have tried shutting down the app and trying a different browser.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Emmapip,

The troubleshooting you have completed yourself is great as it helps with the process of elimination.

I'd suggest you uninstall and re-install the app. You'll need to confirm your identity again using the same documents you used previously. However, that should fix the issue and give you access to the app.

The myGovID Need help? page might also come in handy, it covers some things to try depending on the issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @Emmapip,

The troubleshooting you have completed yourself is great as it helps with the process of elimination.

I'd suggest you uninstall and re-install the app. You'll need to confirm your identity again using the same documents you used previously. However, that should fix the issue and give you access to the app.

The myGovID Need help? page might also come in handy, it covers some things to try depending on the issue.

Replies 3

Having the same issue. Got three x ABN's that need BAS' done and I can't log in. Have re-installed the app, which took 20mins to verify my documents, and tried chrome, firefox and edge to log in but just get a circle spinning around. Have left the browser open for 30 mins to see if it will eventually work. There is something wrong here, could you please offer some advice? 

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @BradNB

Are you still having issues with logging in? The business portal has been retired now are you able to try logging in to myGov ID via our Online services for business and see if you can get through?

Replies 1

All good, got it sorted friday. Yes I did mean mygov id. I called the hotline up and we figured out the issue was that I was accessing the mygovid login from a book mark. I was told to access it from ato.gov.au if I had login issues. 

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Thanks for letting us know this would probably be helpful to others.