Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: I hired an employee right before Pandenmic lockdown but now it seems like am cheating for job sa

Views 109

Replies 2

My hair salon business used to be a non-employing business, but  since the business is growing I have hired a girl before the lockdown. 

The job saver grant has come out with a $ difference between non-employing business and emplying business.

I do have the evidence for hireage:

--seek invoice which is paid in the middle of Jun-21 beofre anyone knows about the lockdown

--employee contract signed in the middle of Jun-21 but since the new girl needs two weeks for notice period so that the employee start date is 06/07/21, but since the lockdown started and I hasn't paid her.

---when employee contract is signed in the middle of Jun-21 there is also witness signature

---the new employee (the girl) is a senior hairdresser, she has all the hairdressing experience and career life

I really hope ATO doesn't treat me as cheating for Job Saver about disguise my business from non-employing business to employing business, is there any evidence I need to prove the genuine of the hireage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I think if you've done the right thing, hired people within the dates to be considered eligible you shouldn't worry. 

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I think if you've done the right thing, hired people within the dates to be considered eligible you shouldn't worry. 

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @hanlu99,

Wonka is right, you've done the right thing. I really wouldn't stress over it and you have the evidence to back up your situation as well.