ATO Community

Notification was not made within 28 days of signing the contract

Views 215

Replies 1

Hi,

I successfully used FHSS, got funds transferred and did a settlement of my new home. After several months I received "Your First Home Super Saver (FHSS) scheme - first reminder" email from ATO and then found out that the conveyancer did not update ATO with the declaration of purchase even though I asked her.

While filling in the form on ATO website it warned me that "Notification was not made within 28 days of signing the contract", so I described the situation and submitted the form.

It's been more than 2 months since then and I haven't received any correspondence related to that declaration. I did however received the email saying "We have given you an extension of time until 14 January 2022 to participate in the FHSS scheme." which is a little confusing and I am not sure what to do. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @alenreg,

If you have sent correspondence and received an email which is not in line with your question, my advice would be to contact us directly. You can then find out what is happening or have the matter escalated so it can be investigated further.

You have already participated in the FHSS scheme so you need to follow up the declaration of purchase.

Due to the nature of anonymity on our forum, we are unable to access your account from here.

Links -

Contact us

Notification requirements for FHSS

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @alenreg,

If you have sent correspondence and received an email which is not in line with your question, my advice would be to contact us directly. You can then find out what is happening or have the matter escalated so it can be investigated further.

You have already participated in the FHSS scheme so you need to follow up the declaration of purchase.

Due to the nature of anonymity on our forum, we are unable to access your account from here.

Links -

Contact us

Notification requirements for FHSS

All the best.